"Birthday Orchid"

"Birthday Orchid"
"Birthday Orchid"

Monday, March 26, 2012

My new journey into the medium of pastels continues to be fulfilling and very exciting!  I must say, using the new tool of a small piece of pastels is a little more unpredictable for me than a nice firm brush!  As I continue, I do feel more 'confident' and the application is starting to feel more 'familiar'.

"Ready for Boating"
This pastels scene is done using Kitty Wallis Sanded paper,
over an undercoat of pastels and turpenoid. 

"Old Farm"
These old buildings and fence posts are also done using Kitty Wallis
Sanded paper, over an undercoat of pastels and watercolor.

"Study of an Old Road"
This pastels scene was done on Canson MI-Teintes paper.
The trick was to get the perspective of the road going to
the top of the slope, and then 'dropping off' .....continuing on to who knows where? 
Let the mind wander and come to it's own conclusions!